Employee’s health and safety is the main focus of operations at CMbE.
Safety is of paramount importance to CMbE and we have taken proactive steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and their families, our customers and suppliers and our broader global communities. We will continue to be vigilant and take the necessary actions to keep our employees and products safe as we continue to provide the equipment, services and spare parts necessary for our customers to supply the metal packaging that is vital to the food and beverage industry.
We have proactively implemented robust protocols at our manufacturing facilities to ensure the safety of our people and products and to support local government initiatives to stem the spread of the virus. These protocols include but are not limited to:
- Adhering to all Public Health England (PHE) and UK Government protocols.
- Enforcing quarantines with respect to employees with or exposed to COVID-19.
- Facilitating an environment of social distancing including requiring employees to maintain six-feet of separation from each other where possible and limiting access to common areas such as canteens and locker rooms. After food service operations were suspended in the company canteen, all unused food stock was donated to the Bradford Foodbank.
- Increasing sanitizing schedules including frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
- Increasing access to hand sanitizer for employees and additional personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Transitioning in-person visitor meetings to virtual platforms or postponing such meetings altogether where the meeting is not business critical.
- Limiting visitor access to our sites to business-essential purposes.
- Performing temperature checks of all persons entering our facilities. Anyone with a temperature over 37.8 degrees is not permitted on-site.
- Enabling employees to work from home where possible.
- Staggering work schedules and allowing more flexible work schedules to accommodate childcare needs.
- Imposing travel restrictions to certain areas of the world (based on public travel guidance) and limiting any unnecessary business travel.
- Drinks vending machines provided free to vend.
- Free weekly takeaway meals.
Finally, we would like to thank all of the children who participated in the CMbE art competition. The response has been fantastic. The pictures are now on display all around the factory and have certainly brought a smile to everyone’s face.
With huge thanks to all our key workers, we remain open for business, and with an operational and effective supply chain, we will continue to do so for as long as current conditions permit.